Re: RARA-AVIS: Warner Brothers' "Tough Guys"

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Nov 2006

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, BaxDeal@... wrote:

> they had Cagney, Bogart and Edward G Robinson under contract. what
were
> they gonna do, make children's stories?

And the inimitable Elisha Cook, Jr... aka "Wilmer". What a great generation of actors that was! Thanks in part to my son, I have been dipping very seriously into B noir films. Curiously, the rarest films of that era are circulating in Europe, and cheaply to boot. It's a feast. Not enough has been said about cinematographers, perhaps because the tough guys and gals were so explosive.

Best,

MrT