RARA-AVIS: Re: Warner Brothers' "Tough Guys"

From: B.J. West ( astrobeej@strafe.com)
Date: 16 Nov 2006

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:
"I seem to remember that a college professor of mine, Douglas Gomery, wrote an article about film noir's distinctive look coming from studios cutting costs by lowering the wattage of the lighting on their movies."

Hence the Robert Mitchum's quote; "Hell, we didn't know what film noir was in those days. We were just making movies. Cary Grant and all the big stars at RKO got all the lights. We lit our sets with cigarette butts."

-Beej