RARA-AVIS: Murder By the Book: Ellroy, Connelly et al

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2006

I enjoyed the first episode of Court TV's Murder By The Book, in which crime authors discuss cases that influenced them. Last night's episode featured James Ellroy on his mother's murder, and next week will feature Michael Connelly.

The Ellroy episode did a nice job of condensing the story from My Dark Places and it was nice to see that Bill Stoner matches Ellroy's description of him from the books and GQ articles.

Novemeber should be a good hardboiled month for me. I'm midway through Jess Walter's THE ZERO and have the latest from Woodrell, Swierczynski and Bruen on deck.

_________________________________________________________________ Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and moreā€¦then map the best route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: