Re: RARA-AVIS: nominations for tough guy actors

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2006

I agree about Duke. He'd make a great Mr. Big if anyone ever does a literal film translation of Live & Let Die. But Morse is much too sensitive and not really brutal at all. He's done some great evil roles but he's always bad because he disenfrnachised; never a genuinely brutal character.

A good new choice for a real noir tough guy is the actor who plays Sawyer on the Lost television series. I don't recall his name but he has all the earmarks of a noir anti hero. In fairness, Keifer Southerland is a pretty good tough guy, too. And, of course, Harrison Ford isn't dead yet, although his character is stretched a little thin in more recent vehicles.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Cheap talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. http://voice.yahoo.com