Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis review

From: Allan Guthrie ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 01 Nov 2006

My experience is very different from Jeff's. I read one Goodis novel and, somehow (maybe I'm just perverse), felt propelled to 'dig up' the rest. I've only read one that was disappointing. Most of them I'd rate as (at least) very good, with six or seven stand-outs. And I don't think he's anywhere near as uneven as certain of his contemporaries. Gil Brewer springs immediately to mind.

Al