RARA-AVIS: Kris Nelscott - "Thin Walls"

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 31 Oct 2006

I'm reading a novel by Kris Nelscott: THIN WALLS- from her Smokey Dalton series (an occasional Black investigator). It seems to be something like a derivate from Walter Mosley's Easy Rowlins' series, a story centered on Black Americans but not really immersed in that community. And certainly not with the same social acuity that Mosley put in his works. It's a kind of thriller/suspense novel with some noir ingredients, but it seems to me rather superficial even if the author tries to reach higher grounds. Nelscott appears to be a prolific writer and produces many series.

Any Avian who knows better her corpus could confirm (or contradict) my rather negative feelings about the writer and her Smokey Dalton series? Thanks in advance.

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

___________________________________________________________________________ D飯uvrez une nouvelle fa篮 d'obtenir des r鰯nses ࠴outes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des exp鲩ences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/R鰯nses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)