Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Matheson's Noir

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 20 Oct 2006

John,

I read this volume and it's good 50s hardboiled crime fiction. You might want to check the archives. This book was discussed here on the list when it first came out. Also, by the same publisher is the I Am Legend collection, which contains the Gold Medal book by that name and additional stories.

Matheson is better known as a horror writer than for his crime fiction. He wrote the famous Nightmare at 15,000 Feet episode of the Twilight Zone and the book Stir of Echos and so many other great novels. Oh, yes and Duel, which Spielberg made into his first movie. I could go on.

Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Stickney" < stickney_jj@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 6:53 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Richard Matheson's Noir

> Just saw a collection of three novels by Richard Matheson called NOIR.
> The collection includes "Someone is Bleeding", "Fury on Sunday", and
"Ride the Nightmare." Anyone familiar with them? How really noir are they?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)