Re: RARA-AVIS: "Deadwood " will stop ?

From: Harry Hunsicker ( harryhunsicker@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Oct 2006

Unfortunately, you've pretty much summed it up, though I've read speculation here and there that even the two movies might not happen. The problem is that production costs for a show (or movie) like DEADWOOD are extremely high.

  Season 4 of THE WIRE makes a nice replacement, the great writing and characters every bit as sharp as DEADWOOD. Also give Showtime's new series, DEXTER, a shot.

  --Harry
  http://www.harryhunsicker.com

"E.Borgers" < webeurop@yahoo.fr> wrote:
  I read somewhere that Deadwood's producer could not convince HBO's executives to continue the series after the third season; in counterpart HBO accepted to create two telefilms to finish the story (.thus breaking the existing pace of the series wherein each episode tells the events taking place during one day).

Does somebody have more accurate info about the future of this outstanding series?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)