Re: RARA-AVIS: Crime Novels of the 30s and 40s

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 12 Oct 2006

It was my second time through the Postman.

I haven't seen any of the films but will now be trying. Our local video store is getting better--lots of the new Criterion editions.

In the Nightmare Alley movie, how much more of a twist can there be? Don't tell me!

Karin

At 05:08 PM 11/10/2006 -0700, miker wrote:

>Hey! Let's not be talking bad about The Postman.
>Haha. Glad you got to read it, Karin. It was my
>first official entry into noir. With the exception of
>Cain's book, our likes and dislikes paralleled. I
>really liked Thieves Like Us. Anderson's prose seems
>transparent to the story. I liked that. It shines.
>I'll avoid drooling over Nightmare Alley this time.
>Have you seen the movie? It's great, with a little
>added twist at the end. The Big Clock is a wet
>blanket. I Married a Dead Man is the only Woolrich
>I've read. Too melodramatic for me.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: