RE: RARA-AVIS: Evangelical Christian Hard-Boiled PI's

From: bldodson@adelphia.net
Date: 11 Oct 2006

Jim,

Thanks for mentioning my work on RAVA. I attended the recent Bouchercon in Madison, and sat across from you during Max Allan Collins film on Eliot Ness. I wanted to meet you and say hi, but I got into a discussion with Max's researcher/friend (George) about some of my own research into Eliot Ness and, frankly, we just got carried away. (George is a great guy. Very knowledgeable). I will be attending Magna, which I understand you are also. Perhaps we can meet then.

I do write/publish with a Christian publishing house, but I try very hard to not "Preach". No one wants that, least of all me, so I'd be interested in hearing back from anyone who's read my work. I have two novels currently out, with a third to be released in January, and I was just signed to a two-book contract for more in the series.

However, like anyone who writes, I do write from my particular world-view.

I enjoyed Bouchercon, and look forward to saying "Hi" at Magna

Brandt

Some time ago there was a question on the list about whether or not there'd ever been any hard-boiled PI novels published for the Evangelical Market.

Advertised in the latest issues of both MYSTERY SCENE and CRIMESPREE is the latest book by a writer named Brandt Dodson, a self-proclaimed fan of Hammett and Chandler, who's written three novels about a hard-boiled PI named Colton Parker for the Evangelical Christian publisher Harvest House.

His website's here:

http://www.brandtdodson.com/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional