RE: RARA-AVIS: Lights Out...

From: GERLACH, Steve ( steve.gerlach@sma.com.au)
Date: 09 Oct 2006

Now, if we could only get copies Down Under!

Steve :-)

  _____

From: R. & J. Clinton [mailto: clinton65@comcast.net] Sent: Tuesday, 10 October 2006 11:09 AM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Lights Out...

> Ron, thanks for the info re trying to get LIGHTS OUT at Border's.
> It's kind of out of the control of the author (and to some extent the
> publisher) as to how books are distributed within the chains. I will
> say that BN and Border's took healthy amounts of LIGHTS OUT and a
> number of Border's I've been in are carrying the book (it's possible
> Border's distribution is regional though) The book should be in most,
> if not all BN's though (if you're looking for it there and they don't
> have it please go ahead and order it).

Hi, Jason:

Congratulations on what sounds like a very successful and enjoyable tour.

I went ahead and ordered the book via my local Border's the next day, figuring that perhaps if I ordered it it might get several other copies in their stock as well. As it turned out, that was indeed the case...so I have my copy and I'm happy, and I've ensured that several other folks soon will be. Would they have eventually ordered it for their stock at some point in the future? Perhaps (though initial signs were discouraging). But this hurried the process a bit. ;-) Incidentally, I also visited my local B&N and they did indeed have two or three in stock.

Kevin earlier wrote:

> Or maybe they sold out already. You're making a really big jump to a
> possibly dubious conclusion.

Sorry I didn't elaborate. No, they hadn't yet carried it in stock (puzzled, I confirmed that w/ the clerk) and had no store orders in place to do so. Hence the above.

Can't wait to get started on it!

Ron C.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional