RARA-AVIS: A last reference... with snobbery

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 29 Sep 2006

September is now slipping away, and I want to thank Miker for the good job he did by presenting all these essays and reference books about HB, noir lit. And by answering all the things we came with on the discussion table. Thanks Miker.

I will add one reference book, which is not a great study on HB, but a great book making us to understand what is it really about the classic crime detection novels territories, and assimilated. It really helps to have a better view of *what definitely is not HB and noir*, by giving a terrific analysis of the defects of a genre lit. and the twisted looks the whodunits have on the society and people.Helps to see more clearly where the borders are.. even if HB/noir is not discussed in the book. It's written with style and it's very clever, nothing to do with these boring university thesis/essays on lit. A very good read. Written by an Englishman, an author himself part of the trade he's analyzing:

"Snobbery with violence: English crime stories and their audience" by Colin Watson.

I mentioned a few times this essay on R-A in the past. The book is one of my favorites.

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

___________________________________________________________________________ D飯uvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/R鰯nses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos exp鲩ences. http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)