RARA-AVIS: The High Tower

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 26 Sep 2006

-----Original Message-----

If anyone would like a fresh look at the location used for Marlowe's apartment in THE LONG GOODBYE, I shot the opening chapter of Michael Connelly's new book, ECHO PARK, in the very same place a few weeks ago. You can view the results here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ndCN3uHinE

The High Tower apartments have been the site of many a hard boiled movie and TV show over the years. Frank Darabont recently shot part of the pilot for RAINES there and my DP gave me an episode of NAKED CITY from the early 1960s that had some tremendous shots of the place. It's a very neat location. (But tricky logistically.) DEAD AGAIN was shot there as well, but it is THE LONG GOODBYE which has made it famous.

TL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: