Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mohr or less correct

From: david david ( davividavid@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Sep 2006

I have trouble getting past Mohr's voice; it's so announcerish. maybe i need to listen to the best of those shows again. In comparison, Van Heflin had that world-weariness and less stage-honed style. Compare Mohr in King in Yellow to Heflin in Red Wind and see what i mean. Maybe it's just my taste. Heflin was also excellent in Act of Violence. He was one of the most naturalistic of the noir actors--he should have had more good parts.

By the way, last week i watched Altman's Long Goodbye with my girlfriend, a big Chandler fan (god, how lucky i am) and she didn't care at all for Gould as Marlowe.

Probably the best Marlowe is the one each of us conjures when reading Chandler.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)