RARA-AVIS: Would You Like A Message About Seymour Shubin With That, Sir?

From: David L. Wilson ( dwilson@sccn.net)
Date: 26 Sep 2006

Doug --

I couldn't agree with you more about the Shubin book. In fact, that was the book that generated my original question. I've already admitted to being partial to these introductions, though in this case, the book is an original, not a reprint. Somehow the biographical info seems more appropriate with a reprint, I think. You can't very well write the history of a newly published novel. At the least, I like the old tradition of the portrait and the brief biography on the bookjacket. In Shubin's case, Witness To Myself opens with four pages of rave reviews but none of them identify exactly what book it is that they are lauding. For me, he seemed to be a very dextrous talent who appeared (or reappeared) from nowhere. I just wondered, Who is this guy? At any rate, I've managed to hunt down a couple Beacon paperbacks written by Shubin and I'm looking forward to reading them.
 From the covers, they don't particularly look like crime novels.

David L. Wilson Downieville, CA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional