Re: RARA-AVIS: hard boiled mug shots

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 22 Sep 2006

*Very* interesting all these artifacts that are in an exhibition and apparently a book as well, titled: THE LEAST WANTED, book reproducing also a lot of these old mugshots.

But I really wonder... these documents IMHO really belong to historical/ national sociological archives or museum collections, and I am really puzzled to see that they are exhibited with names and facts concerning the people appearing on these photos. Worse, they are on sale... They're old, OK, but they are not from the 19th century! so I wonder if it is legal to display names...etc of people in trouble with the police?? Even 50 years after the facts, is there nothing protecting the families and prohibiting this kind of information to be publicly displayed??

I'm sure that in a lot of other countries you are not allowed to do this.

E.Borgers POOLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir

Jay Gertzman :
> There is a gallery exhibition in New York that displays Mug Shots from a
> private collection. They span the century and cover the entire 20th
> century from coast to coast.
> .../...
> There is some info at
> http://www.stevenkasher.com/html/exhibitions.asp
> and
> http://www.stevenkasher.com/html/home.asp

___________________________________________________________________________ D飯uvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/R鰯nses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos exp鲩ences. http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)