RARA-AVIS: Detour vs. Psycho

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 15 Sep 2006

Dave Z. said that he wouldn't compare DETOUR to PSYCHO. Naremore's point was more visual one than a thematic one - he says in his book that DETOUR brings the American wasteland to the screen in a thriller genre, maybe for the first time. The same visuals are also evident also in THE TOUCH OF EVIL. (I think Naremore discusses that film, too, in his book, which, to my mind, is essential to every noir fan, even though it's primarily about films - and is pretty critical of the whole 'noir' typology.)

Juri

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: