Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Paul Cain's Mean Grin

From: David Wright ( dwright333@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Sep 2006

> DOnald Westlake, in his Richard Stark persona,
> comes close

I was just thinking the same thing. Not the same kind of lean as Cain, but one of the leanest styles out there today - I just read an A.R.C. of the next Parker - 'Ask the Parrot,' and it is just brilliant how he pares it down. There's some pschology, but just enough to make the rampant plot complications feel completely natural and unforced. Pure genius.

        David Wright - Seattle Public Library Fiction Dept.

  "Only cease to cherish opinions."
                   -3d patriarch of Zen

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional