Re: Fwd: RARA-AVIS: George's Charles Williams and Lionel White

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 12 Sep 2006

Richard wrote:

"Checking the RARA files, I found an exchange I had with Juri back in 2000 and the White novel (and basis of the movie) THE SNATCHERS was the one Westlake wrote the non-fiction piece about some European crooks who used it as a guidebook for a real life crime--the kidnapping of a child from the Peugeot family. They ran into problems and were caught when they ran out of book to follow."

Was that the basis of Westlake's novel Jimmy the Kid, which alternates chapters of a Richard Stark book of Parker kidnapping a kid (never believed Parker would involve himself in something as unpredictable, with long term vulnerability, as a kidnapping) and the Dortmunder Gang trying to imitate it, but screwing up?

Also, there have been several real life European bank heists based on Robert Pollack's Loophole.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)