Re: RARA-AVIS: HOLLYWOODLAND

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 11 Sep 2006

In a message dated 9/11/06 12:26:50 PM, macavityabc@gmail.com writes:

> On his blog, Lee Goldberg quotes from an interview with the HOLLYWOODLAND
> screenwriter, who says that the studio pressed him to shift emphasis from
> George Reeves to the character played by Brody.  He says they wanted more of
> Brody than he was willing to give them, and eventually they hired another
> writer.  That might explain the fragmented nature of the movie that Jack
> Bludis notes.  The entire interview is here:
> *http://tinyurl.com/pzb6b*

mysteries are always 2 stories. what happened. and how the hero figured it out. the film did not seem fragmented to me at all. like Jack, I have high hopes for the adaptation of The Black Dahlia. but I believe it has its work cut out for it to top Hollywoodland. hopefully the two of them together will not only be outstanding works, but huge commercial successes, ushering in a new era of noir on film

yeah, that'll happen. forget it , Jake. it's Chinatown

John Lau