RARA-AVIS: HOLLYWOODLAND ., . . UGH, first went by accident

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Sep 2006

I didn't even know this film would exist a month ago, and I thought it was pretty interesting that two retro-noir films would be out at the same time--THE BLACK DAHLIA opens next weekend.

Most reviews said that the acting was teriffic. I'm not sure. Maybe, but it was hard to get past an absolutely terrible script.

It was funcitionally two movies. One about the life of George Reeves, TV's Superman, and the other about the PI, who got involved for the cash and stayed, even when the woman how hired him backed out, because he felt a compulsion to prove it a murder. (The client was Reeve's mother.)

The story offers not one solution to Reeve's death but three, or was it four?

The personal story of the PI was too burdened with the PI's personal life, ex-wife, son who loves/hates him, etc.

THE BLACK DAHLIA must be better.

Jack Bludis

http://www.jackbludis.com
*Shadow of the Dahlia* available at MysteryLovesCompany.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)