Re: RARA-AVIS: The Summer of Charles Williams

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Sep 2006

Thanks for the great reviews, Jeff. After reading Sailcloth Shroud a month or so ago, I think Dead Calm is the only Charles William that I've got left in the house that I haven't read. I don't want to get too low. Based on your reviews, I think I'll go for Girl Out Back novel and The Hotspot movie. Although there are women characters in all of his books, I think Hotspot is the only one that I've read so far with a real femme fatale in it. Like you, Scorpion Reef is my least favorite.

Speaking of hardboiled movies, I've got Day of the Locusts (based on Nathanael West's novel) to watch from Netflix. I'm looking forward to that. With all the B movie titles associated with hardboiled, this one looks like a major production with several big names.

miker

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: