RARA-AVIS: Re: John O'Hara/ Butterfield 8

From: Jack Quick ( jquick5342@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Sep 2006

As a youngster I was allowed to read anything I wanted to. Only had problems twice - once when my Mom had to sign for me to get an adult library card (at age 10) and second - when I submitted a book report in school on Butterfield 8 - in the 8th grade. Teacher was scandalized, but I still remember the opening scene vividly to this day with the "young lady" looking at the picture of the sports team on the wall, and her comment to herself. I think those who have read the book will remember, and I won't spoil it for the new readers.

Alabama Jack

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/TktRrD/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM