Re: RARA-AVIS: Lassie's social assumptions and other stuff

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Sep 2006

Allan Guthrie wrote:

Cain's a more obvious example re homosexuality, but I absolutely agree. You wouldn't say: I see criminal themes in Chandler's work, the author was a criminal. So why make other inferences?

************* I prefer to leave the writer out of the novel, but many critics use the novel to dissect the author. I've seen authors tied in almost every way imaginable to the content of their fiction. Reasons vary, but the denigration of the author is way up there at the top.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional