RARA-AVIS: The Circle of Literary Politics

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Sep 2006

I contend that politics, like literature, is a circle, not a straight line. Go far enough right, Fascism, and your next step is to Communism. It works the same the other way.) Most of the neo-cons are ex-liberals, or so I've observed.

Go far enough into realism or naturalism and you reach surrealism. Note James Joyce: From his fairly realistic stories, to an experiment in literary forms to the ultra reality of the dream
. . . surreal.

The true test of literature is, is it good? Does it tell a story? Does it have something to say, even thoiugh we don't agree with it?

Jack Bludis

http://www.jackbludis.com
*Shadow of the Dahlia* available at MysteryLovesCompany.com