RARA-AVIS: Marxist terms

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 06 Sep 2006

Mark pointed out to me:

> Mickey Spillane could be discussed in Marxist terms. There's a
> huge
> difference between "discussing in Marxist terms" and claiming
> something
> is a Marxist work.

Yes, of course - I realized after I'd posted my message that I'd written, hmm, what's the word, wrong? Ill? A bad sentence?

I meant to say (and I know there's no way to prove afterwards that I really meant this) that it makes sense to see RED HARVEST as a Marxist work - even though there's no clear agenda to it and it offers no solutions.

(It just strikes me that now y'all think I'm some sort of a lunatic claiming that every piece of art has to be Marxist. Nothing of a sort - I've been known to enjoy DIRTY HARRY and poetry of Baudelaire and essays and fiction of Borges and films of Robert Bresson, etc., etc.)

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com