Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled and Marxism

From: Allan Guthrie ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 06 Sep 2006

All these writers you mention have the same attitude towards marriage? They have the same attitude towards religion? It's possible. I'd suggest that it's also irrelevant. What's relevant is the characters' attitude to these matters. If one writer shows Omar adopting, for instance, a particular religious stance, it has to be consistently applied throughout, regardless of any other writer's personal feelings.

Al