Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled and Marxism

From: Allan Guthrie ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 05 Sep 2006

I'm not sure how the opposing football fans analogy works. If opposing fans agree that watching a game is an enjoyable way to pass the time and an author writes about it from their perspectives, but the author loathes football, how can you say the social assumption is the author's?

The same must apply to writing a Deadwood script. Social assumptions are a result of very deliberate craft. If they weren't, I imagine it'd be hard maintaining any kind of continuity with so many scriptwriters on board.

Al