Re: RARA-AVIS: Tough Guy Writers of the Thirties, by David Madden 1968

From: Bill Crider ( macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 04 Sep 2006

I don't think I mentioned Barth. My dissertation was on "the private-eye hero," and it covered Hammett, Chandler, and Ross Macdonald. Robert B. Parker was working on a similar topic at the same time, though neither of us was aware of the other. And, as my wife likes to say, "Look at him now, and look at you."

Bill Crider