RARA-AVIS: Miker's Reviews, Hemingway and O'Hara

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Sep 2006

I appreciate Miker's reviews of the several hardboiled and noir critical works.

It seems that when the history of hardboiled comes up, Hemingway is mentioned not only for his style but specifically with some of his stories and his novel "To Have and Have Not."

John O'Hara's "Appointment in Sammara" is another mainstream novel that I always classified as noir and in a sense as noir as they gets in spite of the fact that the downhill character is of a economically better class.

I thing that both books are as noir as they get, in spite of the fact that they are written by otherwise mainstream authors.

Combining Miker's reviews and the various to-the-point comments. It looks to me as if this one is going to be a very interesting month.

Best to you all,

Jack Bludis

http://www.jackbludis.com
*Shadow of the Dahlia* available at MysteryLovesCompany.com