Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Name Your Poison

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 31 Aug 2006

At 12:48 AM 31/08/2006 +0100, you wrote:

>Kerry, I won't tell you why handcuffs are on my list. That'd spoil
>everything. And it's kind of my point. I don't need to say anything about
>the list and already you're making judgments and asking questions. That's
>what we do as readers.

Sure, and you knew that when you created the list. Writing is a collaboration between writers and readers.

>Incidentally, the examples of the use of the baseball bat you refer to are
>not atypical. No baseball is played in Scotland and we have virtually no
>exposure to the sport on television. Baseball bats typically serve only
>one purpose in this dark corner of the planet. They're also the weapon of
>choice among enforcers.

I understand. Not atypical in Scotland. I learned that in the book.

>As for the good writing/bad writing thing, I think Oscar Wilde had it
>right: "There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are well
>written, or badly written, that is all."

I can go with that. Maybe. Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com