Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Name Your Poison

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 30 Aug 2006

miker wrote:

"Of course, even the best stooped to it [did ti because they're crazy]. Hammett's Dain Curse, Chandler's The Big Sleep and Long Goodbye.
  Hell, Shakespeare for that matter, but at least he showed the Macbeths walking down that path."

It's been a while since I've seen or read MacBeth, so I'm probably basing this more on Kurosawa's Throne of Blood than MacBeth itself, but didn't the craziness in that story come after the fact, brought on by guilt for a murder that had been committed with the clear motive of advancement?

Mark