Re: RARA-AVIS: Speaking of photostats (the modern PI)...

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 11 Aug 2006

 As far as I can tell, mostly insurance work of various kinds, pre-employment checks, sweeps against bugs, although occasionally the newspaper mentions a PI on a criminal case. Look for yourself what they offer in a small U.S. state capital:
    Here's the three pages of Pennsylvania state listings for a PI trade group: http://www.pimall.com/NAIS/d-pa.html.
    Mostly workers' comp surveillance, according to this local article: http://www.centralpa.org/archives/01may3detectives.html.
    Here's the website of an outfit with a handsome street-level office on restaurant row (and near the state capitol); check out the picture of the camera tie: http://www.gittingspi.com/pages/1/index.htm, so certainly they have offices, if not the stereotype. Joy

Jacques Debierue asked: