Re: RARA-AVIS: No Country for Old Men

From: Jason Boog ( iistickboy@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jul 2006

Michael,

I finished the book two nights ago, and I'm still reeling from that deletion of the final shootout. The last 30 pages of that book worked pretty hard to upend every noir convention the first 100 pages used so well. Very unsual experience, I'm still not sure what my final verdict is.

Blood Meridian is by far my favorite McCarthy, but thanks for reminding me, followed by The Crossing...

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Robison