Re: RARA-AVIS: Whittington's UNCLE book

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 28 Jul 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: < BaxDeal@aol.com> To: < juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi>; < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 12:56 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Whittington's UNCLE book

> In a message dated 7/28/06 8:59:19 AM, juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi writes:
>

> > I haven't read any of the other books in the series, so can't comment.
Oh,
> > sorry, I did read one by John T. Phillifent. It was okay, but not to be
> > taken
> > seriously in any sense of the word. Phillifent was a British writer and
he's
> > better known for his science fiction. I hear David McDaniel's efforts in
the
> > series are pretty good.
> >

> to my recollection, McDaniel's were my favorites. who was that guy?
>
> John Lau

McDaniel's novels were my favorites in that series, too. He was involved in science-fiction fandom under the name Ted Johnstone, but I've never been clear on whether that was his real name or whether David McDaniel was. He wrote one SF novel in addition to his U.N.C.L.E. books, but nothing else that I'm aware of.

James Reasoner