Re: RARA-AVIS: Harry Whittington

From: ejgorman99@aol.com
Date: 26 Jul 2006

In a message dated 7/25/06 11:30:14 PM, jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com writes:

> BTW, I have seen the Harry Whittington book at my local book dealer or
> Amazon. Is it out yet?
>
> Jeff

Should be out in a month or so. Right now we've just brought out The Invasion of The Body Snatchers Tribute with pieces by Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Tom Piccirilli and long interviews with Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter plus exclusive interviews with Phil Kaufman who did Body Snatchers 79 and Abel Ferrara plus a few moments of tension from various Hwood dudes who clashed on the last of the remakes.

We think this is the most beautiful book we've produced to date--the layout is first-rate and there are lots of great photos from Kevin McCarthy's collection, some never seen before. Kevin will be 93 this year. We were wth him for his 92nd last year. In the interim he made a film with Anthony Hopkins who wrote the part for Kevin--as a strange desere-type of man named Kevin McCarthy who knows stories about the pod people. This should be an interesting film. It's being edited now, I guess. Hell, Kevin was doing network series work just two months ago. He's my definmition of a true "working actor."

In his interview he talks about his two best friends after the war--Marlon Brando and Montgomery Clift when all three of them were hungry actors in New York. And the beautiful Dana Wynter talks with graceful and witty disenchantment about making movies of any kind. For the past thirty years she's lived in Ireland, supporting herself and her son as a writer. I'm prejudiced but I think this is a hell of a good read for pop culture fans of all kinds.

Ed Gorman

If any of you want it fast e mail me at ejgorman99@aol.com and I'll get you a copy before it hits the stores.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/TktRrD/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM