Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: America's Top Sleuths

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 24 Jul 2006

Kevin wrote:

"Let's just be grateful DIAGNOSIS MURDER or SIMON & SIMON didn't make the cut (MAGNUM is bad enough)."

Granted, I prefer Selleck in his Rockford role (that inspired Magnum, or at least his choice for Magnum?), and while assuredly medium (at most) and not hard-boiled, what's wrong with Magnum? I'd even argue he kept up interest in the PI during a time he had almost vanished, particularly on TV. (Yes, the written PI was beginning a revival at about that point, it took some searching to find the books.)

And Simon & Simon had an episode based on a Howard Browne/John Evans book, Thin Air. Rockford also had an episode based on it. Since Browne sold it outright, it was reused several times by its owner.

Tangentially, was Spenser on the list?

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM