RARA-AVIS: Happy birthday, Raymond Chandler

From: bethfoxwell ( emfoxwell@lycos.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2006

In honor of the July 23rd birthday of Raymond Chandler, I'll be playing "The King in Yellow" from _The Adventures of Philip Marlowe_ on my radio show on Monday, July 24th at 11A ET. The episode stars Van Heflin as Marlowe.

"It's a Mystery" is Webcast on http://www.fcac.org/webr.

I also will be interviewing thriller author Gayle Lynds, who will talk about her new book _The Last Spymaster_.

In other Chandler news...the summer 06 issue of _CLUES: A Journal of Detection_ is now out and in addition to articles on James Ellroy and Reginald Hill, there's an article on Chandler's portrayal of psychiatrists. More information on the issue at http://www.heldref.org/clues.php

Elizabeth Foxwell Producer and host, "It's a Mystery" http://www.elizabethfoxwell.com/ItsaMystery.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM