RARA-AVIS: Sleuth Poll

From: mmiano3 ( mark.miano@nbc.com)
Date: 20 Jul 2006

I'm a long time lurker on Rara Avis. I always enjoy the back and forth here, especially the recommendations for great books. Thanks to many of you, my TBR pile is going to keep me occupied for years to come.

Now, I'm getting a chance to incorporate my love of crime fiction at my day job. I'm a senior producer with NBC News Productions, and working on a project for NBC's new crime and mystery channel, SLEUTH, that may interest the list. The program is a 90 minute countdown of the top 25 sleuths from film and tv, called "America's Top Sleuths." Some members of Rara Avis will be interviewed for the program.

Right now, SLEUTH is holding an online poll of the top 25 choices, and asking people to vote for their favorite five. The results will be revealed this October during the premiere of the program. I'm sure this poll will spark conversation, debate, outrage, etc, but I'm also hoping for your support. If you get a chance, please cast your vote for your favorite sleuths at:

http://www.sleuthchannel.com/Americas_Top_Sleuth/index.php

I'll keep you posted on the actual air date for the program.

Cheers, Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM