RARA-AVIS: Re: Bangkok 8

From: s_blackmoore ( stephen@shadowshow.net)
Date: 20 Jul 2006

I read Bangkok 8 when it came out. Loved it. What made it particularly interesting for me is that the protagonist is a Buddhist and incorporates his beliefs into everything he does, including his job. The fact that he holds long conversations with his dead partner and accepts prophetic dreams as clues is simply a given for him. It's an interesting take on crime fiction and Eastern spirituality.

The follow-up to it, Bangkok Tattoo veered a little away from that and, I think, suffered a little for it. Still a very good read. IMHO.

-Stephen Blackmoore

===

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Robison

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM