RARA-AVIS: Re: Get Carter on stage in Ediburgh

From: Channing ( filmtroll@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 18 Jul 2006

What a brilliant idea for a stage show. It should be one manly play. Too bad I live in Los Angeles, otherwise I'd go see it.

While we're on the topic of "Get Carter" can anyone tell me why I can't find a copy of "Jack Carter and the Mafia Pigeon" for less than $60 online? I mean, it's a book published in 1979. It's a second sequel to a moderately popular novel. From all that I've heard the book isn't that good (I've read GBH also by Ted Lewis which I didn't like very much). And finally "Get Carter" was voted the #1 British movie ever by a British movie magazine. Why hasn't anyone re-released the book that inspired such a highly praised, cult classic film?

I know that "Get Carter" or "Jack Returns Home" is fairly common in fairly new editions. And "Jack Carter's Law" the prequel was a pretty amazing hard-boiled book that's almost as good as "Get Carter." I just don't understand.

Thanks for any help.

Channing

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM