Re: RARA-AVIS: Carter Brown

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Jul 2006

--- Michael Robison < miker_zspider@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ed Lynskey wrote:
>
> I wonder why the reliable Boucher was the only critic
> to give Carter Brown's work any notice?

> I'm just guessing here, but I'd venture that it was
> because Carter Brown sucked so bad that nobody besides
> Anthony Boucher would admit to reading him. <g>

It could be. I'll test drive Carter Brown in a few days with a wary eye. Speaking of Boucher, I remember something from Tom Nolan's biography on Ross MacDonald. RM's publisher didn't display a dustjacket blurb from AB's previous review on RM's new title. So, Boucher panned or ignored the new title. I believe they patched up things later.

Ed

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM