Re: RARA-AVIS: Carter Brown (Lament for a Lousy Lover)

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 12 Jul 2006

Carter Brown was originally a British citizen, and around the mid-fifties he emigrated to Sidney were he lived and started to write what are mostly parodies of H-B. Humor is his goal. But... often badly written or even lacking tempo. On the other side he created a gallery of really funny characters and in some novels of his very prolific production you may find real humor. He always pretended he did not use shadow writers, but this is still an open question as he produced more than 200 titles ! Often he published 10 novels a year. He died in 1985.

His real name was: Alan Yates.

And you're right: he used a lot of good titles, very colorful, and close to the "spirit" of those seen on the noir/h-b novels of the sixties. Other titles were just humorous.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Ed Lynskey :

___________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Mail r驮vente le mail ! D飯uvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface r鶯lutionnaire. http://fr.mail.yahoo.com