Re: RARA-AVIS: Charles Williams' The Diamond Binkini

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Jul 2006

Ed Lynskey wrote:

I've read all of Mr. Crews's books but not Charles Williams or Charles Willeford.

********* Interesting that you would mention Willeford and Williams together. I'm on vacation now and I've brought mostly hardboiled criticism with me, preparing for September, but I did grab a handful of novels. One is Willeford's The Difference, and another is Williams's Sailcloth Shroud.

If I read Sailcloth Shroud, I'll be through with all the Williams novels I have. I'll have to pick up some more. I had my doubts about Diamond Bikini, but after your review, I've put it on the list. I know I want Hill Girl, too. I've already read River Girl, Hot Spot, and Scorpion Reef. Oh! I forgot! I've got Dead Calm, too. I saw the movie of it and thought it was good. The book is still waiting on me.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM