Re: RARA-AVIS: Backwoods

From: Bill Crider ( macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 30 Jun 2006

I think that article was titled "See What the Boys in the Backwoods Will Have." TOBACCO ROAD was the book that generated the deluge of backwoods novels, lots of them with "road" in the title.

William Faulkner's brother, John, is one of the go-to guys for great Backwoods. He wrote a handful of novels for Gold Medal, the first of which was CABIN ROAD. I certainly put a lot of Charles Williams's novels in the Backwoods category. He wrote one, for example, called GIRL OUT BACK. And then there's HILL GIRL. And UNCLE SAGAMORE AND HIS GIRLS. I could go on, but I'd better stop.

Bill Crider

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM