Re: RARA-AVIS: Who don't you like?

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2006

> Are there any of the major (or minor) hardboiled and noir writers you
> don't like, even though everyone else seems to? I know a number of folks
> on the list aren't impressed by John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee books or
> most of his others. I was saying earlier that Ken Bruen's early books
> disappointed me, and a while back I gave away a Victor Gischler without
> finishing it.

John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee books Raymond Chandler's stories for Black Mask The Big Sleep--the book and the movie (Had to read the book twice) James Ellroy Patricia Highsmith's later novels In the Belly of the Beast by Jack Abbott

Great topic. You could also ask what special interests listees have they might not ever speak up about. I guess one of mine would be swamp lit (or backwoods lit). I love novels such as Alter's Swamp Sister and Whittington's A Moment to Prey.

Jeff

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM