RARA-AVIS: Name that John D. MacDonald book

From: Damien ( pizerule@yahoo.com.au)
Date: 27 Jun 2006

I received the following email yesterday from someone looking for the title of a JDM book...well, you can read it for yourselves.

Dear Sir or Madam,
  My mom is a huge John MacDonald fan and has asked me to locate a title the contents she recalls, but not its name. An elderly earl dies in England. His 60 year old son and sole heir dies on his way to his father's funeral, crashing into an oak tree. The search is on for successor heirs to the large estate. Turns out to be a Cockney couple from London. Any clue as to which novel this is? Or can you refer us to another source of infomation-- perhaps a John MacDonald listserv or Web site?

Any takers?

Cheers Damien www.crimedownunder.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> See what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM