Re: RARA-AVIS: Connelly

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Jun 2006

Harry Hunsicker wrote:

LINCOLN LAWYER is a must read. He was really at the top of his game for this stand-alone. A deceptively simple plot, great characters and a breakneck pace.

********** Thanks for the recommendation. Although the Bosch ones are my favorites, I've liked the stand-alones too. Running off of memory, I'm thinking that the standalones I've read were The Poet, Blood Work, and something with "moon" in the title with the really bad guy in Las Vegas. I just read one of the newer ones last year that had both Caleb and Bosch in it, so maybe Blood Work isn't a stand-alone now. I can't remember the title of that one. I think that the next one waiting on me is Chasing the Dime.

Connelly's works are intelligent and entertaining and thought-provoking. The first Boschs are my favorites.
 Concrete Blonde and Black Echo come to mind.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM