RARA-AVIS: Gil Brewer

From: George Tuttle ( noirfiction@whoever.com)
Date: 25 Jun 2006

I've loaded an index of Gil Brewer's unpublished works. It's up and available on the World Wide Web. It is not completed, and I will be adding entries. As I add entries, I will also be making corrections, and this is where I need your help.

I need assistance verify unpublished from published works. To do this, I need to complete my listing of Gil Brewer's magazine fiction and its first line index (see http://home.comcast.net/~noirfiction/brewershort.htm ). Since title changes are common in publishing, it is often hard to distinguish between published and unpublished titles. Creating a first line index of Gil Brewer's magazine work is one way to document title changes. If you can dig through your collection of Manhunts and Mike Shaynes and supply me with some first lines from stories, I will be eternally grateful. If you can recommend a collector who might be able to contribute, I will be equally grateful. Every contribution helps. Thanks!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM