Re: RARA-AVIS: should I buy?

From: hlerne@po-box.mcgill.ca
Date: 25 Jun 2006

Speaking of recent buys, I picked up a copy of "Ross MacDonald's Inward Journey: Reflections on Ross MacDonald by 25 of America's most distinguished authors" (Mystery Press, 1984). Its a collection of essays about Macdonald, his work and his legacy. I haven't read it yet but it looks quite promising. It includes essays by Margater Millar, John D. MacDonald, Robert B. Parker, and Richard Layman among others. Of particluar interest are the first two essays which are by Ross MacDonald himself, including "Scene of the Crime", which is a transcription of a lecture Macdonald gave at the Unversity of Michigan in 1954.

Harry

Quoting Michael Robison < miker_zspider@yahoo.com>:

> I've been slowly working my way a few pages at a time
> through George Martin's Feast of Crows. At first I
> was disenchanted with it, but halfway through it's
> drawing me in. It seemed to me that in this fourth in
> a series that he had migrated somewhat away from the
> characters and was concentrating more on plot, a plot
> that is moving at glacial speed. Border's had an Art
> of George Martin book that had paintings of the many
> characters and scenes from the book that was
> interesting.
>
> miker

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Harry Lerner PhD Candidate Department of Anthropology McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM